It's a new year, will it be a new you? How about taking this chance to renew or recycle things that you already have?
We know many of you have ideas on how to go green this Lunar New Year and we want to hear from you! Perhaps you found some things during your spring cleaning and you plan to upcycle them? Tell us your ideas and you could be 3 lucky winners to win a $50 grocery e-voucher. Simply take a photo of how you renewed something in your home, submit it via the below link and stand to win!
Recycle at home and win vouchers!
Take a photo of how you renewed something in your home
Upload the picture and show us how you reuse items and reduce waste in your daily life.
Psst, creative ideas using Chinese New Year materials get bonus points!
Submit your entry by 28 February 2021 and stand to win!
If your items can't be reused and you want to recycle them instead, join us at our Cash-for-Trash recycling stations to recycle them and get rewarded.
Here are some ideas on how to reuse common household items. If you have them lying around your home - follow these tips to give them a new lease of life.
1. Use an old kettle as a plant pot
With its wide mouth and handle, the kettle is a great option for placing your domestic plants in! Pot your plant into an old kettle instead of throwing it away, and you can move your plant in and out of the sun easily.
2. Use a milk bottle as a toy or as storage
Milk bottles are extremely sturdy yet lightweight items, and with 4 flat sides, can be utilized for multiple purposes! Attach round bottle caps to the body of the bottle, cut out some holes as "windows", and you'll have yourself a toy lorry. If you don't have a little one at home, you may also cut a hole down the base of the bottle to turn it into a container. This works especially well for keeping bottles such as cleaning agents or oil, where you want to keep water and residue away from your tabletops and surfaces.
3. Use old denim pockets as pouches
If you've got any old denim clothing such as jeans, shorts or even jackets that you no longer wear, transform them into pouches or bags to keep small items organized in your bags. The rugged look of denim remains stylish, plus its sturdy and durable material makes it a good option to keep items such as keys and coins from scratching against other items. You may also house small and delicate items like charger cables, earphones, or even your TraceTogether token together in these handy pouches - so you'll never have to dig and comb through all the contents inside your bag to find them!
Terms & Conditions:
The “New Year Renew Me” contest is organised by SembWaste Pte Ltd and will run from 3 February – 28 February 2021 (both dates inclusive). The campaign is open to Singapore citizens, permanent residents and holders of valid employment passes or work permits, residing in registered addresses within Singapore.
This campaign is organised by SembWaste Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Organiser’)
- All persons ('Participant') taking part in this campaign agree that these rules shall be binding on them, and that the entries in this campaign, including their photos, name and likeness, may be used without restriction in any future publicity material by the Organiser
- Employees of Sembcorp Industries and/or its subsidiaries, and immediate family are not eligible to participate
- Participant(s) with the most creative answers will stand to win grocery e-vouchers, at the sole discretion of the Company’s management
- Up to 3 winners will be selected, and each winner will receive a $50 Fairprice e-vouchervia email.
- The e-vouchers are non-exchangeable, non-refundable, non-redeemable for cash and cannot be replaced if lost, damaged or expired
- The deadline for entry will be on 28 February, 2359hrs. Selected winners will be notified by the 15th day of the following month via the email provided within their entry submission form
- Selected winner(s) must submit a completed acknowledgement form within 5 calendar days upon receiving the email notification in order to receive the e-vouchers
- If the winner(s) cannot be contacted or fail to respond via email, or fail to submit a completed acknowledgement form within 5 calendar days from the date of the email and/or call, the participant will be disqualified and another winner will be selected based on the same criteria, at the sole discretion of the Company’s management
- Participant(s) shall only submit one entry for the campaign duration. Multiple entries will be considered as “spam” and disqualified.
- The Organiser is not liable for any dispute regarding the use of the Fairprice e-vouchers. Participants should refer to the Fairprice e-voucher Terms & Conditions for more details.
- By participating in this campaign, the winner consents to the disclosure of his/her name, contact number, mailing address and identification/passport number to the Organiser for the purpose of organizing, promoting and/ or conducting the program and consents to receiving promotional, marketing and other publicity information from the Organiser from time to time.
- The Organiser may share aggregate information about the winner with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties for publicity purposes, purpose of organizing, promoting and / or conducting the program.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute, withdraw, add to or alter any of the prizes offered without prior notice
- The Organiser reserves the right to vary or amend the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice
- In the event of dispute, the decision of the Organiser is final
- For any enquiries in relation to the campaign, please email our customer support team at: email@example.com